January 13, 2009

Team Asha


I finally decided that it is time that I have to do something to give back to this world and what is more precious that being able to provide education for a child. I got myself associated with Asha Austin, a non profit organization that provides education and support for the underpriviliged children in India. I was amazed at their activities and signed up to be a part of thier fundraising efforts. I am training for the Team Asha Half Marathon. My target race is the Austin Half Marathon. the idea is to run to raise funds, I have more information about this on my Runner's page and I hope you get a chance to visit it and make a difference for the children.
My motivation and main driving force behind this that, this small effort from me can provide education for a child for one year! My motto is "Run miles to generate smiles! ;-)"

Why run rather than donate? I think running would be a bigger commitment and contribution to such a noble cause. :-)
ASHA, means Hope.. and sometimes hope is everything in a person's life. Let's keep this hope alive for the kids!

2 comments:

Sharanya said...

I'm so proud of you for doing this! Waiting to see you in Austin.

Lakshmi Yaddanapudi said...

Thanks babe!